Nearly everyone has music and dancing at their wedding reception. If you are planning a wedding, it is essential to hire a dj to help with this part of the evening. In fact an experienced DJ will help to run the whole reception, ensuring that everything is done on time. Here are some more reasons why you should book a disc jockey for your reception.
- One of the main parts of his duty is to play the music that is suitable at the time, e.g. soft, quiet music during the meal so people can talk without having to shout over the music, and louder music suitable to dance to when that is appropriate. In fact, one of the good things about having an experienced professional to run the reception is the fact that they have a wide range of music, so everyone will get to hear something they like.
- Some djs take requests during a certain part of the reception so that people can enjoy listening to their favourites. A lot of people have different tastes in music and if you stick to just the ones you have, you may find that not everyone will agree with your choice. This will certainly limit their pleasure in the event and they might remember it for the wrong reasons.
- The wedding dj has a lot of romantic songs on his playlist, but he’ll also have many other kinds because he will realise it’s important to play a wide variety at any gathering. That way everyone’s taste can be catered to, so all go home satisfied that they were able to listen to something they liked.
- A dj will be a big help at the reception as many act as emcee as well, taking control of the proceedings, introducing the speech givers and ensuring they don’t waffle on for too long. He will make sure the cake is cut at the right time and inform the guests of other things they need to know.
- If you also have a photo booth at the reception, the dj will tell the crowd about it and encourage people to go over and use it at a time when there is nothing else they should be doing, such as listening to the speeches.
So you can see that the dj has the job of moving the reception along to its finale and ensuring everyone has a good time, then leaves the venue on time. His help is invaluable to ensure all goes according to plan and you can have time to actually enjoy the reception instead of wondering if everything is going the way it should.
Of course you’ll have delegated people to help in other areas too, but the dj has one of the most important jobs.