Bali is one of the tourist capitals of southeast Asia. However, it’s also a very popular place for people to go for things like cheap dental work, plastic surgery, and tattoos. Wealthy travellers from countries like Australia often visit Bali, stay in a luxurious Bali villa, and get their dental work done at a fraction of the price that it’s cost if they had it done in their home country.
However, getting dentist work done overseas isn’t without risk. You need to weigh up your options carefully and make sure that you’ve thought about every possibility. It’s usually a good idea to see a dentist in your area first, and then to sit down and work out if it’s actually worth the time and effort to head overseas. With this in mind, here’s a few of the pros and cons of getting dental work done in Bali to help you with your decision:
Pros of getting dental work done in Bali
The majority of the dentists in Bali are actually quite good quality, especially if you choose carefully. Many of them cater exclusively to western tourists, and they usually have a great reputation for doing high quality work. Some of the benefits of getting dental work done in Bali include:
- Getting your dental work done in a country like Bali can save you a lot of money, especially if you need things like crowns or root canals. In many cases, you will pay about 30% of the price you would in a country like Australia.
- Many Balinese dentists are fully trained and qualified to Australian standards. This means that you can rest easy with the knowledge that they are going to do a good job and leave you with great teeth.
- Getting your dental work done is a great excuse for a holiday! Spend a few extra days to soak up the sunshine and see some of Bali’s hidden secrets while you’re there!
Cons of getting dental work done in Bali
Although there are plenty of reasons why you should get your dental work done somewhere like Bali, there are also a few potential negatives to consider as well. They include:
- There is always the risk of infection from unclean water or poorly sterilised equipment, especially if you use one of the budget clinics.
- If you have trouble with your dental work down the track it can be hard to get them fixed, since your dentist is in another country altogether.
- If you do get unlucky enough to have problems with your teeth after your dental work, you may have to end up spending quite a bit of money on getting them fixed. This can mean that it’s not worth getting your work done in Bali in the first place.
If you’re considering getting dental work done overseas, then Bali is one of your best options. With an array of high-quality dentists, decent health standards, and very low prices, it can seem too good to be true. Make sure that you do your research and choose a dentist with a decent reputation from past customers.